Framework Associates was founded on the principles of providing affordable, accessible psychological services from highly qualified psychologists.
In our work with each client, we believe the relationship we’ll form is the most powerful catalyst for change in therapy and place a high value on you feeling comfort, connection, and trust in our work together. Previous clients have appreciation for the freedom to explore and clarify their own feelings while being challenged to consider different perspectives.
Our psychologists strive to make therapy meaningful as well as practical, helping you gain the insight into yourself needed to reach your true potential.
Framework offers individual therapy, couples therapy, and ADHD coaching for adolescents and adults. We invite you to explore the types of therapy we offer and reach out if you think we'd be a good fit.
Gaining a confidant, collaborator, or space to vent is critical to helping you feel happier, truer to yourself, and more confident.
Rediscover the love you once felt in your relationship, and get back to a place of trust, communication, and appreciation.
It's important that your therapist have a personal understanding for the unique aspects of your life shaped by the identities you hold.
Online therapy is a great option for those who lead busy lives, are often traveling, or aren't able to come to our Santa Monica office. It's often covered by insurance.
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) can help individuals overcome anxiety and/or trauma that may be holding them back, giving them increased confidence and a greater sense of peace.
Individuals with ADHD often feel they have to work twice as hard to get half as far in life. ADHD Coaching can help you learn how to leverage your true potential.
Gaining a confidant, collaborator, or simply a space to vent can be incredibly useful in helping you feel happier, truer to yourself, and more confident. We'll work together to help you reach your goals.
Individual therapy is the ideal space for:
- Viewing your past in perspective, examining the circumstances producing your bothersome symptoms.
- Developing a new outlook on life with the skills necessary to break free from the circumstances that are holding you back.
- Reclaiming the future you deserve while staying true to the person you are.
- Exploring ways you can increase feelings of connection and safety within your relationships by developing healthier relational approaches.
- Carving-out a scheduled time each week to attend to your own needs, away from the demands of your day-to-day life.
Concerns we work best with:
Relationships can bring us such immense connection, joy, and pleasure. When they aren't functioning in the way we'd like, they can also be a source of considerable pain. Let us help you rediscover the love you once felt in your relationship, and get back to a place of trust, communication, and appreciation.
Couples therapy is an ideal space to:
- Say what's on your mind, in a safe space, without falling into the trap of another fight.
- Learn how to truly hear one another on a deeper level, listening not only to your partner's words but also to their valuable emotional messages.
- Revitalize positive feelings of connection and intimacy that have been lost for too long.
- Re-negotiate your commitment to one another, and chart the best path for the future of the relationship.
Relationship Concerns We Work Best With:
- Arguing & Conflict
- Criticism of Each Other
- Lack of Passion or Intimacy
- Negotiation of Responsibilities or Future Plans
- Open Relationship Structures
- Poor Communication
- Stale or "Stuck" Relationships
Benefits of Couples Therapy:
- Improved Communication
- Healthier Conflict Resolution
- Restoration of an Emotional Connection
- Improving Intimacy and Affection
- Supporting One Another's Dreams for the Future
For many in our community, it's important they know their therapist not only accepts them, but has a deep personal understanding for the unique aspects of their life shaped by the identities they hold.
- On a personal level:
- I know what it's like to move through the world as a queer person, while honoring your unique lived experience based on the intersection of your identities, which may be quite different from my own.
- On a professional level:
- As a psychologist and professor of human sexuality, I've dedicated my career to being knowledgeable and affirming of experiences of gender, sexuality, and relationship structure unique to the LGBT community. Our early life experiences are unique, our journeys towards self-actualization are unique, and the ways in which we love one another and navigate our relationships are unique. It's important your therapist knows this.
- Learn more about Dr. Scott
Concerns I work best with:
- Alcohol Abuse/Problematic Drinking
- Body Image Concerns/Pressure to Feel More Attractive
- Coming Out
- Connection and Community
- Couples Therapy
- Drug Abuse/Problematic Drug Use
- Family Dynamics
- Gender Identity Exploration
- Pornography Misuse
- Self Criticism
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Orientation Exploration
- Sexuality/Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Relationship Issues
- Transgender Concerns
Life is busy and we want to make therapy as accessible as possible for you.
If you're a frequent traveler or simply unable to visit our Santa Monica office, we can provide online therapy, which may be covered by your insurance. We use Doxy, a secure HIPPA-compliant tele-health platform that works on all popular browsers as well as smartphones using iOS or Android.
*Online therapy is only available to individuals who are residents of California*
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) enables people to heal from the emotional distress that results from disturbing life experiences.
Our brain’s information processing system organically moves towards wellness each night during REM-cycle sleep, when our eyes rapidly dart from left to right underneath our eyelids, stimulating the right and left hemispheres of our brain. EMDR can recreate our mind's natural, organic healing process when we are awake.
EMDR can treat:
- Performance Anxiety (i.e. fear of public speaking, etc.)
- Creative Blocks